The Exploring Joara Foundation office, dorm, and lab are located at the Wall Center for Archaeological Research near downtown Morganton. The street address is 220 New Street, Morganton, NC 28655.
Our hours in the office vary; please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
The Catawba Meadows Living History Center, an interactive interpretive site, is located at 701 Sanford Dr, Morganton, NC 28655.
The Berry Site is on private property and is only open to the public at certain times of the year. It is open for special events and field schools. Please see the Events Calendar.
The History Museum of Burke County. Exploring Joara Foundation is thrilled to announce that our first formal museum exhibit featuring Fort San Juan & Joara will debut on March 18, 2017. Our partners at the History Museum of Burke County will be hosting this interactive exhibit from 2017-2019. We invite the community to visit the museum.Link to the History Museum of Burke County website
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – Friday
10:00am – 4:00pm
10:00am – 2:00pm
Sunday – Closed
Phone: (828) 437-1777
- Fall Dig Day
- Lab Night
- EJF Annual Meeting
- Tales from the Field: Structure-from-Motion Photogrammetry in Archaeology
Become a Member
- - Free or reduced access to special events
- - Member Days and special tour days at the Berry Site
- - Hands-on archaeology labs at the Wall Center
- - Community Days at the Catawba Meadows Living History Center
- - Academic presentations by experts in the field